HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,663
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
asygo 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (Kevin H, dedication, Daryl, daylily, ProdigalOne, 3 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Rosangela] #97307
03/25/08 03:28 PM
03/25/08 03:28 PM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Practically all the debates about the subject of the Sanctuary and of the Investigative Judgment either between SDAs and the evangelicals or among SDAs themselves has revolved around questions which admit both a Yes and a No as an answer, depending on the viewpoint of the person involved.

For instance: according to the book of Hebrews, could Christ have gone to minister in the most holy place at His ascension? Answer: Yes or No. There are ambiguities in the text of the epistle, especially in relation to the translation of the word ta hagia.

Another example: Heb. 6:19, 20 says that Jesus entered within the veil. Does this mean He entered within the first veil or the second veil? It could be the first, or it could be the latter.

Still another example: Does God need to judge His people? Answer: No. But will He judge them? Answer: Yes. Will this judgment be according to the Adventist description? Maybe yes, maybe no.

Because we are dealing with subject matter that is immeasurable and requires interpretation, neither position can be proven or disproven.

However, there are mathematical and astronomical data which can’t be manipulated or contested. I'll briefly mention some of them. Going back 486.5 years from Nisan 14/15 of the year 31 AD (the Jewish date for Christ’s death), one arrives at a 10th day of the 7th month (a Day of Atonement) of the year 457 BC. Going forward 2300 years from this point, one also reaches a Day of Atonement at the end of the period (1844). This can only be possible because 2300 years has an exact number of lunations, bringing into harmony the solar year and the lunar month, otherwise it would have been impossible to begin at a Day of Atonement and to arrive at a Day of Atonement. The synchronism of all the dates in this prophecy is amazing, and if the prophecy isn't true, its "coincidences" are among the greatest coincidences of all time.

Are you intending to say a jubilee year? Or are you getting at the October 22 date's coincidence in 1844?

Last edited by tall73; 03/25/08 03:41 PM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #97309
03/25/08 03:36 PM
03/25/08 03:36 PM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
Since we have moved on from the Hebrews evidence, I will post another piece of data that is beyond refutation--Jesus did not come in 1843.

Yet Ellen said that the message of 1843 was a heavenly message, arranged by God as a test, and anyone who did not accept it had God's anger kindled against them.

Jesus and all the heavenly host looked with sympathy and love upon those who had with sweet expectation longed to see Him whom their souls loved. Angels were hovering around them, to sustain them in the hour of their trial. Those who had neglected to receive the heavenly message were left in darkness, and God's anger was kindled against them, because they would not receive the light which He had sent them from heaven. Those faithful, disappointed ones, who could not understand why their Lord did not come, were not left in darkness. Again they were led to their Bibles to search the prophetic periods.

{EW 236.1}

So Ellen says that God was behind the false 1843 message and was angry with those who did not accept a time for the Lord's coming.

A later Ellen spoke of the dangers of time-setting.

Many who have called themselves Adventists have been time setters. Time
after time has been set for Christ to come, but repeated failures have been the result. The definite time of our Lord's coming is declared to be beyond
the ken of mortals. Even the angels who minister unto those who shall be
heirs of salvation know not the day nor the hour. "But of that day and hour
knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only." Because
the times repeatedly set have passed, the world is in a more decided state
of unbelief than before in regard to the near advent of Christ. They look
upon the failures of the time setters with disgust; and because men have been so deceived, they turn from the truth substantiated by the word of God
that the end of all things is at hand. {4T 307.1}
Those who so presumptuously preach definite time, in so doing gratify
the adversary of souls; for they are advancing infidelity rather than
Christianity. They produce Scripture and by false interpretation show a
chain of argument which apparently proves their position. But their failures
show that they are false prophets, that they do not rightly interpret the
language of inspiration. The word of God is truth and verity, but men have
perverted its meaning. These errors have brought the truth of God for these
ast days into disrepute.
Testimonies vol 4, pg 307

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #97313
03/25/08 04:18 PM
03/25/08 04:18 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Tall, you're last post doesn't seem to have anything to do with the subject at hand. I'm sure people would be happy to discuss this with you, but I think it may be better to do so in a separate topic.

Regarding coincidences, the Litch prediction regarding the Ottoman empire has always amazed me.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #97314
03/25/08 04:53 PM
03/25/08 04:53 PM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
Tall, you're last post doesn't seem to have anything to do with the subject at hand. I'm sure people would be happy to discuss this with you, but I think it may be better to do so in a separate topic.

Regarding coincidences, the Litch prediction regarding the Ottoman empire has always amazed me.

The Millerite movement was the basis for the whole Sanctuary teaching. How does it not relate?

However, it may not relate to the Bible study emphasis, since it is largely involving 19th century texts.

I will wait on Daryl to give a go ahead before posting it in another threat though.

Last edited by tall73; 03/25/08 04:58 PM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #97315
03/25/08 05:16 PM
03/25/08 05:16 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Ok, tall, sounds good.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #97321
03/25/08 08:26 PM
03/25/08 08:26 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
 Quote:
So Ellen says that God was behind the false 1843 message and was angry with those who did not accept a time for the Lord's coming.

Context, Tall, context. Chapter 19 of The Great Controversy addresses your objections if you bother to read it. [Also chapter 20, pp. 370-372.]

Quote:
However, it may not relate to the Bible study emphasis, since it is largely involving 19th century texts.

The first attitude of those who leave the church is a need, or better, an obsession, to discredit Ellen White. Tall, I don’t think doing that will help you in any way.

Quote:
Are you intending to say a jubilee year? Or are you getting at the October 22 date's coincidence in 1844?

I’m referring to several aspects. To begin with, the period itself.

The system of adjustment of the lunar year with the solar year which was devised by the ancient Babylonian astronomers and is used by modern Jews is the 19-year cycle (metonic cycle). With this system of intercalation, at every 19 years the solar year and the lunar year are brought together with a difference of only two hours. But, in a period of 2299 years (121 metonic cycles) the difference between the lunar year and the solar year would amount to 10.5 days.

The period of 2300 years, however, is an astronomical cycle. This period contains an exact number of lunations, which means that in it the solar year and the lunar month are brought into correspondence with a small difference of just 9 hours. This means if you start on a day of atonement in 457 BC and add the exact number of 2300 years – 840,057 days - you arrive exactly at a day of atonement in 1844 AD.

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Rosangela] #97327
03/25/08 10:31 PM
03/25/08 10:31 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
The anicent babylonians were good astronomers, just like the anicent chinese and mayans.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #97336
03/26/08 01:19 PM
03/26/08 01:19 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Go for it!!! \:\)

Originally Posted By: tall73
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall

The Millerite movement was the basis for the whole Sanctuary teaching. How does it not relate?

I will wait on Daryl to give a go ahead before posting it in another threat though.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Rosangela] #97342
03/26/08 05:53 PM
03/26/08 05:53 PM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Rosangela
 Quote:

Context, Tall, context. Chapter 19 of The Great Controversy addresses your objections if you bother to read it. [Also chapter 20, pp. 370-372.]

A. The immediate context of Early Writings is found in other sections of Early Writings, not in the Great Controversy. Now if you mean historical context then I would say we have a few more texts to look at.

B.

Feel free to post the relevant sections. I have read them before but don't want to presume which parts you feel defend the position.

Quote:

Quote:

The first attitude of those who leave the church is a need, or better, an obsession, to discredit Ellen White. Tall, I don’t think doing that will help you in any way.

Given that the doctrine derived from this historical experience of the founding fathers of Adventism--including EGW, it will in fact have a bearing on the issue.

Now as to reading motives, is that the path we want to go down?

The correctness of the doctrine is the issue.

Moreover Ellen White is a "continuing source of authority" in the church, and a doctrine in her own right. Her statements on this issue then need to be examined.

Quote:

Quote:

I’m referring to several aspects. To begin with, the period itself.

The system of adjustment of the lunar year with the solar year which was devised by the ancient Babylonian astronomers and is used by modern Jews is the 19-year cycle (metonic cycle). With this system of intercalation, at every 19 years the solar year and the lunar year are brought together with a difference of only two hours. But, in a period of 2299 years (121 metonic cycles) the difference between the lunar year and the solar year would amount to 10.5 days.

The period of 2300 years, however, is an astronomical cycle. This period contains an exact number of lunations, which means that in it the solar year and the lunar month are brought into correspondence with a small difference of just 9 hours. This means if you start on a day of atonement in 457 BC and add the exact number of 2300 years – 840,057 days - you arrive exactly at a day of atonement in 1844 AD.

Were the 2300 years lunar or solar in your view in the original text?

Last edited by tall73; 03/26/08 06:13 PM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #97343
03/26/08 06:22 PM
03/26/08 06:22 PM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
Now as to chapter 19 in the GC, I assume you mean the reference to people not always understanding all that they are proclaiming:

Even the prophets who were favored with the special illumination of the Spirit did not fully comprehend the import of the revelations committed to them. The meaning was to be unfolded from age to age, as the people of God should need the instruction therein contained.

She lists some examples.

There would be no problem with that argument if it were not for the next step that Ellen takes. She says that God was angry with the people who rejected the message in 1843. That message

a. was a false message about Jesus coming that involved time-setting.

b. That message was about the wrong time--1843.

Therefore she is not just saying that people don't always have all the information. She is saying that certain people were CONDEMNED for rightly saying that the time-setting message in 1843 was wrong. They were 100 percent justified in saying that setting a date for the coming of Christ was wrong.

Whatever the truth of the later message the message in 1843 that Miller gave was wrong. Jesus did not come in 1843. And to set a date for Jesus coming was going against the Bible.

But Ellen defends Miller by saying God was angry with those who rejected the un-biblical message. They SHOULD have rejected it.

Whatever message they came to AFTER 44 before that they were preaching untruth. Yet they said that untruth was what God used to test people.

How could a false message of time setting that at one point singled out a day (no man knows the day or the hour) be the test?

Why would God punish people for rightly listening to His word and rejected the date setting?

The most prominent example in that section is the belief of the disciples that Jesus would set up His kingdom immediately on earth. They derived this from a misreading of the Scriptures and a misunderstanding of Jesus' words.

However, for the two accounts to be parallel we would need another element.

Did God condemn those who did not accept the disciples false notion of an earthly reign?

Of course not.

But Ellen says that God's anger was kindled against those who did not accept the mistaken notion of both the time and the event in the message of Miller in 1843.

I don't blame Miller for being wrong in 1843. I think he was sincere. He was just sincerely mistaken.

I don't even blame Ellen for being wrong in 1843. And I think she was sincere too.

But I don't for a second think that God would judge others on their mistakes.

Last edited by tall73; 03/26/08 06:38 PM.
Page 29 of 39 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 06/01/24 09:38 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 05/31/24 04:10 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by asygo. 06/03/24 03:17 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 06/02/24 10:10 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 05/29/24 01:05 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!